DataSheet_1_A Predicted Model for Refractory/Recurrent Cytomegalovirus Infection in Acute Leukemia Patients After Haploidentical Hematopoietic Stem Ce.docx (1.08 MB)
Download file

DataSheet_1_A Predicted Model for Refractory/Recurrent Cytomegalovirus Infection in Acute Leukemia Patients After Haploidentical Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.docx

Download (1.08 MB)
dataset
posted on 22.03.2022, 05:36 authored by Meng-Zhu Shen, Shen-Da Hong, Jie Wang, Xiao-Hui Zhang, Lan-Ping Xu, Yu Wang, Chen-Hua Yan, Huan Chen, Yu-Hong Chen, Wei Han, Feng-Rong Wang, Jing-Zhi Wang, Kai-Yan Liu, Xiao-Jun Huang, Xiao-Dong Mo
Objective

We aimed to establish a model that can predict refractory/recurrent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection after haploidentical donor (HID) hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).

Methods

Consecutive acute leukemia patients receiving HID HSCT were enrolled (n = 289). We randomly selected 60% of the entire population (n = 170) as the training cohort, and the remaining 40% comprised the validation cohort (n = 119). Patients were treated according to the protocol registered at https://clinicaltrials.gov (NCT03756675).

Results

The model was as follows: Y = 0.0322 × (age) – 0.0696 × (gender) + 0.5492 × (underlying disease) + 0.0963 × (the cumulative dose of prednisone during pre-engraftment phase) – 0.0771 × (CD34+ cell counts in graft) – 1.2926. The threshold of probability was 0.5243, which helped to separate patients into high- and low-risk groups. In the low- and high-risk groups, the 100-day cumulative incidence of refractory/recurrent CMV was 42.0% [95% confidence interval (CI), 34.7%–49.4%] vs. 63.7% (95% CI, 54.8%–72.6%) (P < 0.001) for total patients and was 50.5% (95% confidence interval (CI), 40.9%–60.1%) vs. 71.0% (95% CI, 59.5%–82.4%) (P = 0.024) for those with acute graft-versus-host disease. It could also predict posttransplant mortality and survival.

Conclusion

We established a comprehensive model that could predict the refractory/recurrent CMV infection after HID HSCT.

Clinical Trial Registration

https://clinicaltrials.gov, identifier NCT03756675.

History

References